The Summer Reading Challenge will begin on May 31st, but you are able to register in advance. Please note that any reading logged before May 31st will not count towards the Summer Reading Challenge.
This page is primarily for Adults. We also offer a Teen Summer Reading Challenge, as well as a Children's (Ages 0-11) Summer Reading Challenge.
How the Challenge Works
1. Read a book and log it on Beanstack starting May 31.
2. See your badge appear in color after logging on Beanstack, or fill it out on a paper log.
3. For every 2 books you read, you earn an entry toward the Prize drawing of your choice.
4. Keep reading and earning more prize entries.
The Summer Reading Program ends July 31, and all reading logs must be returned to the library or logged on Beanstack by then to count toward the Grand Prize Drawing.
- Visit our Beanstack website. Click the "register" button if you need to create an account, or click the "sign in" button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile device (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
Getting a Paper Reading Log
If you would prefer to participate with paper logs than online, you can ask for one at the Adult Circulation Desk or print it from the button below. Read the instructions to learn how to use the log and enter the drawings.Print Paper Reading Log
If you have trouble setting up or accessing your account, or have any other questions, please contact us any time at 618-692-7556 or by email.
We are also excited to hear about your progress in the challenge! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram (@edwardsvillelibrary) with #edwardsvillereads.