EPL appreciates your donations of new items, or used items with no visible wear & tear, including Fiction, Non-Fiction & DVDs. Donated materials not added to the library's collection will be sold by the Edwardsville Library Friends in Carnegie's Used Book Store, or online to used book vendors. Proceeds from these sales are used by the Friends to support library programming and services.
Procedure for Donating: Call ahead and speak with the Development & Outreach Librarian (618-692-7556 x 7) to make arrangements for donations. Donations of materials that do not follow guidelines below will be turned away.
- Please do not leave donations outside library building or in book drops.
- Library staff cannot put a monetary value on your materials donations, but we can provide a receipt of quantity if requested.
Guidelines: Items We Cannot Accept:
- Items donated with specific contingencies of use expressed by donor (ie. "must be added to collection")
- Encyclopedias or Dictionaries
- Non-Fiction or Reference multi-volume sets
- Maps or Atlases
- Photographs or Artwork
- Computer books over 1 year old
- Magazines or National Geographic collections/issues
Any item with the following:
- Water stains / food stains
- Mold stains (mold can spread to existing books in our collection)
- Aged books with yellowed & loose pages
- Torn pages or cover / broken spine
- Noticeable odor (ie. smoke)
- Cracked DVDs / CDs / cases