The Edwardsville Public Library is excited to announce the renovation and modernization of the interior of our historic library, “EPL – The Next Chapter”. The focus of the renovation is to provide the Edwardsville community with updated library spaces and improved access to library resources.
Phase 1 - Begins March 29
Phase 1 of our remodeling project will begin on Monday, March 29th and will last approximately 30-40 days. During this phase of construction you will notice the following changes:
· The adult circulation desk will be temporarily stationed at the counter in Carnegie’s book store. Half of the bookstore will be used for circulation work and holds space. You will still be able to shop in a section of the existing bookstore, and we will also move carts to the rotunda for browsing.
· The adult computer lab will be moved temporarily to a meeting room close to the current lab space. We will still have several computers and the public printers available.
· The lower-level restrooms will be unavailable during this first phase. Please use the restrooms on the main level.
· A gender-neutral/family restroom will be constructed in a section of the staff break room. This will be on the main hallway between the existing public restrooms and the youth circulation desk.
· The youth computer lab and neighboring storage room will be unavailable while the new teen room is being constructed. Several computers will still be available for students, so please check in with the youth circulation desk.
· Patio work will begin, weather permitting.
We ask for your patience during this time. Please feel free to ask us for assistance if you are having trouble locating something.
Repositioning of the Adult Nonfiction Shelves (Completed)
Our adult nonfiction collection will be unavailable for approximately one week, beginning Friday, March 12th. The shelves are being turned prior to the construction of quiet study rooms along the north wall of the adult library.