The JewelRide Books for Bikes Reading Challenge will run from May 26th-July 31st, 2022. Children in K-8th Grade are eligible to participate in this challenge.
How the Challenge Works
1. Read a book and log it starting May 26th. You will be able to participate online with Beanstack or with a paper reading log available at the library or to print at home.
2. See your badge appear in color after logging on Beanstack, or enter name/author on paper reading log.
3. For each book you read, you will receive an entry into the grand prize drawing for a free bike. 14 bikes will be awarded! Participants are not eligible to win more than one bike.
4. You can earn up to 20 entries for the drawing. If you are participating online through Beanstack, there are 20 badges available. If you are participating with the paper reading log, there is an additional reading log available at the youth circulation desk.
The Challenge ends on July 31st. There will be a public drawing at the library for the free bikes on Saturday, August 6th at noon.
- Visit our Beanstack website. Click the "register" button if you need to create an account, or click the "sign in" button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile devices (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
- If you haven't already, register for our Summer Reading Challenge as well! Books you read and log this summer will go towards both challenges.
Print a Paper Reading Log
Paper reading logs are also available at the Youth Circulation Desk.
- If you would prefer to participate with paper logs than online, you can print it from the buttons below or ask for one at the Youth Desk.
- Once you are ready to return your reading log, bring it to the Youth Desk at the library to guarantee entry into the bike drawings. You do not have to complete the entire reading log to turn it in. Each book you read gets you an entry into the drawings.
- If you complete the first reading log, there is an additional log you can use to keep reading!
Only books read between May 26 & July 31, 2022 count toward the challenge.