Quiet Study Room Use Policy
The Edwardsville Public Library (EPL) has 4 Quiet Study Rooms available in the Adult Library for IHLS library cardholders in good standing.
Study Room users will follow EPL’s Code of Conduct at all times. Those who do not conduct themselves responsibly will be asked to leave the library and may forfeit any future room use. All study rooms are monitored by cameras.
- EPL Cardholders:
Rooms may be reserved up to 7 days in advance with an EPL Library Card in good standing, for up to 2 hours a day. Usage time may be extended by 1-hour increments, at a librarian’s discretion, if other patrons are not waiting. Reserve a quiet study room in advance with your EPL card here.
- IHLS Cardholders:
If you have a library card in good standing from another IHLS library you may use the quiet study rooms on a walk-in basis if they are available. Please see a library staff member to use the room.
- Room Use Rules:
- The study rooms are not sound proof. Please be aware of your noise level.
- At least one person in the group must be 16 years of age or older.
- No additional furniture may be moved into study rooms.
- Large rooms are limited to four people, and small rooms are limited to two people.
- Nothing may be used to cover or block glass walls or doors to obscure views.
- Study rooms must be left in the clean and tidy condition in which they are found.
- Only dry snacks and covered drinks may be brought into the rooms.
- Study rooms may not be used for lying down or sleeping.
- Do not leave personal or valuable items in rooms unattended. The Library will not be held responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Exceptions to this policy may be made by the Library Director or the manager on duty.
Approved by the Edwardsville Public Library Board of Trustees