The Find Your Voice Summer Reading Challenge will run from May 31st-July 31st, 2023.
This page is primarily for Ages 0-11. We also offer a Teen Summer Reading Challenge, as well as an Adult Summer Reading Challenge.
How the Challenge Works
- Read a book and log it starting May 31st. You will be able to participate online with Beanstack or with a paper reading log.
- See your badge appear in color after logging on Beanstack, or mark off a circle "badge" on your paper log.
- Complete 10 badges for reading books to win prizes and an entry to the Grand Prize Drawing!
- Visit the Edwardsville Public Library Youth Desk to pick up your prizes, which includes a Free Book.
- Earn more chances to win the Grand Prize for every additional 10 books you read by July 31st!
Grand Prize Winners will be notified by phone in early August.
- Visit our Beanstack website. Click the "register" button if you need to create an account, or click the "sign in" button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile device (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
Getting a Paper Reading Log
If you would prefer to participate with paper logs than online, you can ask for one at the Youth Desk, or you can print one from the buttons below. Once you complete the log, bring it to the Youth Desk at the library to redeem your prize! You can ask for additional logs at the Youth Desk once you complete your first one.
Only books read between May 31 & July 31, 2023 count toward the challenge.
The logs below are for Ages 2-11 and Baby & Parent Challenges. The Teen paper log is located here.
Why Summer Reading?
Having fun while engaging in educational activities outside of school can help to build reading confidence, develop a love for lifelong learning, and more! Learn about the importance of reading during the summer. Information provided by iREAD.Prevent Summer Slide
If you have trouble setting up or accessing your account, or have any other questions, please contact us any time at 618-692-7556 or by email.
We are also excited to hear about your progress in the challenge! Tag us on Facebook or Instagram (@edwardsvillelibrary) with #edwardsvillereads.