Teen Advisory Board (TAB) is a group of 6th-12th graders that meets monthly with a librarian to discuss the issues related to teen use of the Edwardsville Public Library. Every member brings a unique perspective to the table, and we are always looking for more people who are willing to share their suggestions to help make the library a better place, especially for teens!
Join TAB for exclusive benefits:
- Play an active role in planning and implementing Teen events
- Decorate the Teen section of the library
- Get advanced notice of new volunteer opportunities
- View the library behind-the-scenes
- Earn community service hours, experience, and leadership skills that look great on college applications and resumes
- Attend exclusive TAB events
What to expect at meetings:
A typical TAB meeting usually includes a discussion of upcoming Teen events to attend, chances to volunteer, and suggestions for programs, books, and other materials to add to the Teen section. Of course, we also take time to hang out and get to know each other while playing games, talking about books and movies, trying new DIY projects, and more! Snacks are always provided.
TAB meets on one evening each month from 7-7:30pm, followed by a fun event from 7:30-8:30pm, so stick around!
Upcoming meetings in Winter/Spring 2020:
- Wednesday, February 19
- Wednesday, March 18
- Wednesday, April 15
To let us know you are interested in joining TAB, please click the button below.Apply!