From December 1st to January 31st, Edwardsville Public Library will participate in Beanstack’s Fourth Annual Winter Reading Challenge, sponsored by Simon & Schuster. Books Like Us is a celebration of diversity, harnessing the transformative power of seeing oneself reflected in a book. This Winter, participating communities are invited to explore these books, from authors spanning an array of diverse backgrounds.
We challenge our patrons to read at least 10 Books and keep track of their reading on our Beanstack site at https://edwardsvillelibrary.beanstack.com/reader365.
Thousands of libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books. Top-performing libraries and schools will earn rewards from Simon & Schuster, including book collections and virtual author visits. Happy reading, Edwardsville!
How the Challenge Works
- Visit our Beanstack website. Click the "register" button if you need to create an account, or click the "sign in" button to access your existing account.
- Alternatively, use the Beanstack Tracker App on your phone or other mobile device (apple | android) to create, sign in, and manage your account.
- Within one account, you can set up and manage reader profiles for all of your family members!
Logging Your Reading
- Pre-register for the challenge. It is open for all ages!
- This challenge uses Logging Badges.
- Click to log a book that you read. You can enter a number of books that you read to log in bulk or optionally, enter the titles of the books you read one by one.
- You will earn a logging badge for every book logged.
- The challenge is completed when you log 10 books!
Optional Activity Badges
- Take the opportunity to learn more about the featured diverse authors and answer brief questions to earn activity badges.
- When you complete the challenge by reading 10 books, you will be entered to win a prize. There will be a drawing for each of the following age groups: 0-11, 12-17, and 18+!
- Thousands of libraries and schools across the nation will encourage their communities to read a target number of minutes and books. Prizes will include book collections and virtual author visits. Ten (10) winning schools or libraries will each get a collection of fifty (50) books from the “Books Like Us” collection.
If you have trouble setting up or accessing your account, or have any other questions, please contact us any time at 618-692-7556 or by email.