- Movie Matinees
- Coventry Crafters
Movie Matinees for adults start at noon in our meeting room. Joan Evers, historian for the Wildey Theatre, will be here to share interesting stories and anecdotes about the films. Bring a brown bag lunch, and we’ll provide drinks and popcorn. Check with the Library for movie titles; we can’t publish them due to the licensing agreement.
Monday, September 21
- Sean Astin stars as an undersized athlete with big dreams of playing football for Notre Dame.
Monday, October 19
- Bud Abbott and Lou Costello star as bumbling railway baggage handlers that encounter classic Universal monsters in this horror/comedy.
Monday, November 16
- A visually stunning and heartwarming adventure about a boy who forges a special friendship with a wild stallion after both are shipwrecked on a deserted island.
Monday, December 14
- Gary Cooper stars as a marshal forced to defend his small town from a gang of killers in this Western.
Movie Night for adults meets at 6:30 p.m. in our meeting room. Resident film buff, David Rigsbey, will share some of his encyclopedic film knowledge before each screening. Popcorn and drinks will be provided. Check with the library for movie titles.
Wednesday, September 9
- Chevy Chase is an investigative reporter, searching into the drug trade. When a millionaire mistakes him for a beach bum and makes a business proposition, things get interesting.
Wednesday, October 7
- A group of ghosts haunt a family’s home and kidnap the young daughter, Carol Anne in this 1982 film.
Wednesday, October 14
- Nicole Kidman protects her children from sunlight and a supernatural presence in her large home in this spooky flick.
Wednesday, October 21
- Corey Haim and Corey Feldman star in this class 1980s vampire movie.
Wednesday, November 11
- Jean-Claude Van Damme fights in the underground martial arts tournament known as the Kumite in this 1988 film.
Wednesday, December 9
- Sean Connery and Donald Sutherland play master thieves in this railway caper written and directed by Michael Crichton.
Enjoy crafts, snacks, and conversation! Bring your portable craft (needlework, quilting, scrapbooking, knitting, etc.)
We offer both daytime (Friday) and evening (Monday) sessions in our large meeting room on the lower level. The full schedule for 2015 can be found here.